Plumber Apprentice- Install Plumbing Technician
Plumbing Install Assistant / Plumbing Apprentice (Full Time)
We are recruiting candidates for assistant plumbing technicians to work alongside our install plumbing technicians to learn the trade. Job responsibilities will include providing assistance to our Licensed Plumbing Technicians for residential and light commercial plumbing installations. These installations will include water, drain and gas re-piping services for our clients to improve their homes and business’. This position will require a full time commitment of 40 hours per week and an after hours commitment in classroom and online training to learn the technical aspects of the trade while providing a pathway to becoming a licensed plumber. Most apprentices can usually become the skilled proficient plumbing professional within 18 to 36 months timeframe and have the ability to become a crew leader and run their own install truck. At the end of the technical and Plumbing Code training they will end the training by obtaining their plumbing license and become a Journeyman Plumber after 36 months working in the field.
Technician Pay and Benefit Offering:
· Pay Range - $14 starting pay with increases up to $18 per hour within 12 to 24 months as you learn the trade and depending on your progress in learning. Upon your demonstration of the required skill set you will have the ability to start running your own truck as early as 18 months after hire once you can demonstrate the proper skill set. Pay will increase up to $24 per hour over the next 24 months with the obtaining of your Journeyman plumbing license. Our techs can earn up to $85k per year within 4 years of starting the trade and obtaining the proper training and Journeyman licensing with the proper sales efforts in place. The sky is the limit with respect to pay after you get your Journeyman license and skillset in place. We will provide the platform for that success if you apply the willingness to learn and advance yourself with the required training.
- Benefits Offered - Vision, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for your Family, Life and Accident Insurance, Retirement Planning, Annual Tool allowances, Uniforms provided, Paid time off for up to 14 days annually.
- Training- as a plumbing apprentice you will achieve your education through on the job, on line and classroom training. Within 36 months you can become a Journeyman Level Plumber while also mastering your customer service skills with that training so you can deliver 5 star service to our clients and run your own service vehicle. While working at Stewart Plumbing we will develop a personal pathway to becoming the Superstar Tradesperson you always have wanted to be while providing a much needed service to the community.
- Total Benefit Package- All together your employment at Stewart Plumbing will equate to an annual $35 to $55k pay scale plus benefit package while learn.
- Protecting your “Me / Family Time”- we allow our service techs to have quality family time with a 40 hour work expectation and with an on call requirement of only 1 week every 4 weeks. That will free up 3 weeks per month as an on call service technician.
- Providing long term employment assurance- our team members work day in and day out without the threat of slow seasons or down time. Our customer base and continued reputation has allowed for us to grow our customer base and service team year in and year out. You simply can rest assure that you will have work available year round and no more seasonal layoffs.
Qualifications and Technical Attributes:
- A minimum age of 18 .
- Ability to work 40 to 50 hours weekly and be on call for emergency service to our VIP clients.
- Ability to handle the physical workload by lifting up to 75 lbs. Be able to climb ladders, crawl under client’s homes and in attic spaces.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills and willingness to attend training after work hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to learn quickly and apply our best practices with care and concern for clients needs.
- Build long term relationships with clients and deliver 5-star customer service!
Why Work at Stewart Plumbing?
Stewart Plumbing has been in business since 1993 operating with service excellence! We are family owned and operated and we value all our team members. We are not owned by any corporation or by a franchise so our team members are valued as much as our clients. We believe our team members are our greatest assets along with our clients! You will be mentored and more than a number on a pay stub. You will be working in a positive environment with team members with great attitudes toward excellence in the workplace.
Be sure to apply online and We look forward to considering you as our next team member! Fill out the form and contact our offices so we can schedule your first interview today!